These tiny seeds aren’t much to look at but the are extremely powerful when it comes to their nutritional content.
Traditionally eaten by the Mayans. Also the Aztecs even used chia as medicine and offerings to the Gods in their rituals.
- Calories: 138
- Protein: 5g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 10g
Eating 2 table spoons of chai seeds equals:
- Double the amount of antioxidants than blueberries
- As much calcium as a half-cup of milk
- As much potassium as a third of a banana
- Five times the omega-3 content of a 1/4-cup serving of walnut
- More than double the fibre of 1 cup of oats
- Double the amount of iron and magnesium of 1 cup of spinach
Gram for gram
- 700% more Omega 3s than salmon
- 500% more protein than kidney beans
- 300% more selenium than flax seed
- 200% more iron than spinach
Chai seeds for muscle building
Chai seeds are a complete a protein with all of the essential amino acid profile which is necessary for a humans dietary needs.
Chia seeds for weight loss
Chia seeds when consumed absorb 10-12 times there own weight which can leaving you feeling fuller for longer. They slow down the digestion process that coverts carbs to sugar meaning less carbs becoming fat cells giving you more energy for longer.
Chia seeds for pregnancy
These seeds are a source of folic acid that helps your body produce new cells before and during pregnancy.
Chia seeds for constipation
Chia seeds are high in fibre so you know what that means. When this little seeds are mixed with fluids they form a gloopy gel that cleans out your intestines when digested. So if you suffer from constipation they’ll help with that also.
How to eat them?
I wouldn’t recommend eating them straight out the packet but their are many ways to get these bad boys into your diet. You can sprinkle them on you salad, add them to your smoothies, add to your porridge or breakfast cereal or you can make your own a chia pudding.
Where to get them?
Chia seeds are available in all health food stores and even some super markets. The cheapest place to buy them is online.